2013-2015: Attempts to legalise medical cannabis fail
- Possession of any amount less than 450g (15oz) is a misdemeanour punishable by a $US1000 fine and six months in prison;
- Possession of 450g or more is a felony punishable by 42 months in prison at a minimum and a fine of $US100,000;
- Sale or distribution of less than 25g (0.8oz) is a felony punishable by at least 51 months in prison and a fine of $US300,000;
- Cultivation or sale is punishable by up to 204 months in prison and a fine of up to $US500,000.
- Between 2005 and 2017, cannabis use disorder in people over the age of 12 decreased from 1.5% to 1.0%.