Status: Medical Use
2015: CBD (cannabidiol) oil legalised for over-the-counter use
2018: Medical cannabis legalised
- Medical cannabis must be recommended by a licensed doctor for patients who wish to obtain it legally;
- Patients can possess 3oz (85g) of cannabis, 72oz (2kg) of edible cannabis, 6 mature cannabis plants, six immature cannabis plants, and 1oz (30g) of concentrated cannabis;
- Patients are permitted to use smokable forms of medical cannabis;
- Medical cannabis can only be obtained from state-licensed medical cannabis dispensaries;
- There are an estimated 178,173 registered medical cannabis patients in Oklahoma, according to the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority;
- Possession of any amount of cannabis for recreational use is a misdemeanour punishable by up to a year in prison and a fine of up to $US1000;
- Sale or distribution of any amount of cannabis is a felony punishable by up to life in prison and fines of up to $US500,000.
- Between 2005 and 2017, cannabis use in people over the age of 12 decreased from 1.9% to 1.0%.