2014: Legalisation of CBD (cannabidiol)
- Possession of under 30g (1oz) for the first offence is decriminalised to a $US250 fine;
- Possession of 30g or less (following offences) is a misdemeanour punishable by up to six months in prison and a fine of up to $US1000;
- Possession of more than 30g is a felony punishable by up to up to 30 years in prison and a fine of up to $US1,000,000;
- Sale of any amount is a felony punishable by up to 20 years in prison and a fine of up to $US20,000.
- Between 2005 and 2017, cannabis use disorder in people over the age of 12 decreased from 1.4% to 1.3%.