1927: Idaho banned cannabis
2013: Idaho legislature made a statement about its opposition to cannabis legalisation
2012-2020: Failed medical cannabis legalisation attempts
- Possession of 3oz (85g) or less is a misdemeanour punishable by up to a year in prison and a fine of up to $US1000;
- Possession of more than 3oz but less than 1lb (16oz) is a felony punishable by up to a $US10,000 fine and five years in prison;
- Possession of any amount with intent to sell is a felony punishable by up to five years in prison and up to a $US50,000 fine;
- Sale, delivery or cultivation of cannabis is a felony punishable by five years in prison and fines of up to $US50,000.
- Between 2005 and 2015, cannabis use disorder in people over the age of 12 decreased from 1.2% and 1.5%.