Podcast: The Independent Hearing Panel's review of Wellington's District Plan
This week, Eric talks to Marko Garlick and Eleanor West, formerly of Generation Zero and now co-ordinating City for People, about the Independent Hearing Panel's process and review of Wellington’s District Plan.
They also discuss the research on housing affordability and zoning, and how Houston has avoided letting local objections block wider development.
You can find links to the work they discuss here:
- City for People’s five requests for the Wellington district plan
- Eric’s “Yes, and…” request for the Wellington district plan
- Ryan Greenaway-McGrevy’s work on Auckland zoning and house prices
- The Urban Land Markets Group’s work on housing affordability and urban planning.
- Eleanor West & Marko Garlick on Upzoning New Zealand, at Works in Progress
- Marko Garlick on Houston’s opt-out form of upzoning.
- Eric's NZ Herald article, "The incapacity of development capacity"