The Faculty of Education at Victoria University of Wellington and the New Zealand Initiative invite you to a moderated discussion involving representatives from the Tomorrow’s Schools Independent Taskforce, academia, schools and boards of trustees.
Together we will explore some of the assumptions on which the taskforce has based its findings and some possible consequences of its recommendations, intended and otherwise. Through discussion, and interrogating philosophical underpinnings, we hope to refine our beliefs, policy and understanding.
If this sounds like an exchange you want to be part of, please register and bring your goodwill to GBLT1 at 5pm on the 1st April.
- Gregor Fountain, Principal of Wellington College
- Gary Hawke, retired Head of the School of Government and Professor of Economic History at VUW
- Prof John O'Neill, taskforce member and Head of the Institute of Education at Massey University
- Neil Paviour-Smith, Board Chair of Wadestown School and Chancellor of VUW
- Michele Whiting, Principal of Corinna School, Porirua
- Dr Michael Johnston, Associate Dean (Academic) in the School of Education at VUW
- Briar Lipson, Research Fellow at the NZ Initiative
Drinks and canapes from 5.00pm, with the panel discussion starting at 5.30pm.